I am not a hair person. Meaning, I can barely do my own hair in a ponytail. I also have very fine hair, so the topknots just point out the super fine strands. Lately, I’ve been seeing these hair donuts around, wondering what they could be used for, and after going to London, and having flat iron issues, I just said to heck with it and took a chance on the hair donut, and see if it a simpleton such as myself could figure it out.
Low and behold, even with no instructions, figuring out the sock bun was super easy, and it took only a few seconds! Here is how to do it, and once you try it, you’ll notice that if you can put your hair in a ponytail, you can do a sock bun!
You’ll need: One hair donut, two hair bands, a comb or brush, and some bobby pins.
- Put your hair in a ponytail
- Thread your ponytail through the hair donut
- Smooth your hair over the hair donut, distributing your hair evenly
- Put a second hair band over the hair donut
- Pin the extra hair around the bun
And you’re done! See that was easy!