Happiness is being a free bird…
Well, here we are in the midst of summer, this year you can’t click twice without hitting a blog giveaway, as we’ve got great giveaways on Bobbins and Bombshells, Style Symmetry, Fashion Hippo and The Coveted, and if that’s not enough, IFB has a couple of great links to more contests. Whew. And while ‘free’ doesn’t always mean stuff you don’t have to pay for, it can also mean free as in stuff you can’t pay for, Decline Designs takes inspiration to two free spirited cinematic heroines with vivid imaginations, Brick My Lane will add rock and roll to your dancing feet, and free minded bloggers 39th and Broadway, Curvy Fashionista and Pursed Lips question the fashion industry.
Links à la Mode : June 11th
- 39th and Broadway – What the end of an era of fashion excess means for the industry
- Bobbins and Bombshells – Celebrating first anniversary with a beauty of a give away! The prize: Pin-Up Cosmetics!
- BRICK MY LANE – How to give shoes a rock’n’roll edge using simple DIY ideas.
- CUTEMESS – How Trevor the horse and an Australian Kangaroo Paw flower came to rest on a Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent dress.
- Debutante Clothing – Interviews celebrity favorite vintage costume maven Carol Tanenbaum
- Decline Designs – Defining Your Personal Style, Part Three: Using Your Inspiration
- Dirty Dirty Laundry – KABLUEY! Check out my venture into the world of blue monochromatic fashion.
- Fashion Grail – Love the way Chloe Sevigny perfectly combines the elegance of a scalloped Chloe blazer and cut off shorts.
- Fashion Hippo – Three lucky readers will receive this tee as a prize. Loved by Kate Moss and many other celebrities. Ends June 18th.
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Update your look for less – Resort 2010 looks for recessionistas
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Giveaway sites for freebie junkies.
- MissRedLips – In Defense of Brooches
- Pursed Lips Magazine – The CFDA Fashion Design Awards Promotes their Photoshoot, with None of the Women Nominees. Is something fishy?
- Retro Chick – Mary Queen of Charity Shops – The Review
- Style on the street – Alison Stephens, the new it model
- Style Symmetry – Vintage Snakeskin Bracelet Giveaway!
- Super Kawaii Mama – Meet Aleshia Brevard. A Vintage Style Icon you’ll never forget!
- The Capitol Fashionista – Fashion Nostalgia: The Beautiful Covers of British Vogue
- THE COVETED – The perfect giveaway for vintage lovers… win at Rice & Beans Vintage.
- The Curvy Fashionista – The State of the Curvy Community Panel Discussion at Full Figure Fashion Week
- the nerdlings – The photo shoot started off well. But words were spoken that shouldn’t have been spoken and everything else just descended into chaos.